Today I walked to the nearest grocery store. I'd walked there already a couple times before, but today I actually purchased something. On my way there, I ran into some locals on bikes attempting to ask me how far the nearest chicken farm was. After a couple fumbled attempts at explaining it was only about half a kilometer up the road, I broke out Google translate on my phone. Everybody we've met so far has been super nice and welcoming. I wave at cars as they pass me, and about 60% of the time they wave back. I attempt to say Hola more than Hello, but Hello just comes out naturally. Eventually I will catch on, but it is certainly not this day. Anyway, back to my grocery store journey. The nice man who runs the local store, La Casa, recognized me from a couple days ago. He had asked me if I spoke Spanish. I said, "Not very well, but I'm learning". He just smiled and looked away. I could tell he had no idea what I had just said, and I certainly couldn't...
Comments
Post a Comment